Tips for WRITING a great COVER LETTER!
Writing a cover letter is a daunting task for many job seekers who might have been laid off due to the pandemic, or seeking a career change and are now casting a wider net.
Here are some tips on how to write an attention-grabbing cover letter:
1. Avoid writing “To Whom It May Concern.” Instead, try to find out the name and correct spelling of the hiring manager. If you can’t find it out, add the name/title of the department head.
2. Match it with your resume. Keep the font and spacing consistent with both.
3. Don’t use a standard template for each company. This is generic. Don’t just swap out the company and position each time, change it up.
4. Put a unique twist on it. Given the current climate, this is a time to stand out from the rest.
5. Have fun with it. Let your personality shine and remember you’re not a robot!
6. Don’t write, “I’m writing to apply for (position name).” Instead, mention your excitement for the role.
7. Craft a great opener. You’ll have them hooked from the start.
What else would you add? Let me know in the comments.